GAMBLERS ANONYMOUS is a fellowship of men and women who share their experience, strength and hope with each other that they may solve their common problem and help others to do the same.
Gamblers Anonymous holds meetings all over the UK and hosts over 170 meetings per week. If you think you have a comuplsive gambling problem a meeting is the best place you could go as you can speak directly to other compulsive gamblers who will offer help, advice and support. GA has various types of meetings
- Main Meetings - These meetings are where compulsive gamblers sit together and help each other through the difficulties of compulsive gambling. There are no counsellors or professional bodies, just other compulsive gamblers.
- Women Preferred Meetings - Anyone can attend these meetings but they are more suited for women
- Newcomers meetings - Ideal meetings if you are new to stopping gambling. The same as main meetings but are more focussed for newcomers.
- Steps Meetings - These meetings are better suited to someone that has been attending for some time. These meetings are focussed around the 12 step program
- Mixed Meetings - These meetings are the same as Main Meetings but you can have a family member or friend sat with you
- Unity Meetings - These meetings are the same as Mixed Meetings but are only held infrequently and are usually a mixed GA and Gamanon meeting
- Open meetings - Each year every group usually hosts an open meeting. This is where compulsive gamblers gather with their friends and family and receive recognition for attaining abstention in number of years. These are fantastic and emotional meetings, not to be missed
- Gamanon meetings - These meetings are specifically for friends and family of compulsive gamblers. Not all groups have a gamanon meeting but you can find where they are by following this link