Gamblers Anonymous Forum
All started from matched betting... - Printable Version

+- Gamblers Anonymous Forum (https://www.gamblersanonymous.org.uk/Forum)
+-- Forum: Main Forum (https://www.gamblersanonymous.org.uk/Forum/forumdisplay.php?fid=23)
+--- Forum: Share Section (https://www.gamblersanonymous.org.uk/Forum/forumdisplay.php?fid=7)
+--- Thread: All started from matched betting... (/showthread.php?tid=10608)

All started from matched betting... - kitkat81 - 20-02-2018

Hi all I am new here. I'm a mother of two teenagers.
I love making money online, so imagine my joy when I discovered I could use the bookies to my advantage and earn cash! It all started off swimmingly, but the urge to gamble on the slots after doing the offers has gotten too much. I have manged to fritter away all of my earnings, and more. I feel so stupid. No one knows about this and I really want to stop but I just don't know how. I don't live anywhere near a meeting. Thanks for listening

RE: All started from matched betting... - smartie - 20-02-2018

Happy to listen kitkat81,

Don't know where you live but there's a meeting less than an hour away in most areas of the UK. I wouldn't necessarily call that near i agree but i made a similar journey when i first attended GA because I was desperate. My gambling had progressed to the point of illness. If that's really not possible what other options have you explored? Maybe check out my journal - tools that help me stop gambling on the share section....Many suggestions there...

Smartie xx

RE: All started from matched betting... - stamps - 20-02-2018

(20-02-2018, 12:08 PM)kitkat81 Wrote: Hi all I am new here. I'm a mother of two teenagers.
I love making money online, so imagine my joy when I discovered I could use the bookies to my advantage and earn cash! It all started off swimmingly, but the urge to gamble on the slots after doing the offers has gotten too much. I have manged to fritter away all of my earnings, and more. I feel so stupid. No one knows about this and I really want to stop but I just don't know how. I don't live anywhere near a meeting. Thanks for listening

We  all   love  to make  money  but   the only way to    make  money is  by  working.
I  was    like yourself   I wanted   everything     at   the   earliest  possible  time  so  I started to gamble   like      a  fun  time  and  the more I lose the more I chase   even when I did  win  I wanted  more  but     if got  out of  hand  I could not   stop  when  winning   and  could not stop  when   lolt    was  sing      and   the result  was   complete   ruin  to  myself  and  to my  family.
So the best thing is  to  stop  and  count your loses,    go to G A  and find  out  how  to stop the madness  if you can not   attend  meetings   ,   visit  the   Chatroom   that may  help.
gambling is the way  to ruin  and  is hard  to   admit   we are  powerless  but if there is   a will  always there is a way.
My name is is stamps   , my last gamble  was  01-04- 2011