Terms and conditions for using this site and the Forum and Chat Room
1. Information We Collect
A. Information You Provide
I. Account Registration. When you register for an account we may ask for your contact information, including your name, email address and IP address.
II. Communications. If you contact us directly we may receive information about you, such as your name, email address, phone number, the contents of the message and/or attachments you may send us, and any other information you may choose to provide. We may also receive a confirmation when you open an email from us.
The personal information that you are asked to provide, and the reasons why you are asked to provide it, will be made clear to you at the point we ask you to provide it.
B. Information We Collect When You Use Our Website
I. Cookies and Other Tracking Technologies. As occurs through most websites, we gather certain information automatically and store it in log files. In addition, when you use our website, we may collect certain information automatically from your device. This information may include your internet protocol (IP) address, browser type, internet service provider (ISP), referring/exit pages, operating system, date/time stamp, clickstream data, landing page and referring URL. To collect this information a cookie may be set on your computer or device when you visit our website. Cookies contain a small amount of information that allows our web servers to recognise you. We store information that we collect through cookies and log files to record your preferences. We may also automatically collect information about your use of features of our website, about the functionality of our website, frequency of visits, and other information related to your interactions with our website.
II. Usage of our Website. When you use our website we may collect information about your engagement with, and utilisation of, our website, such as processor and memory usage, storage capacity, navigation of our website, and system-level metrics. We use this data to operate our website, maintain and improve the performance and utilisation of our website, develop new features, protect the security and safety of our website and users, and provide user support. We also use this data to develop aggregate analysis and business intelligence that enable us to operate, protect, make informed decisions, and report on the performance of our fellowship.
2. How We Use Information
We use the information we collect in various ways, including:
· To provide, operate and maintain our website;
· To improve, personalise and expand our website;
· To understand and analyse how you use our website;
· To develop new products, services, features and functionality;
· To communicate with you directly to provide you with updates and other information relating to the website;
· For compliance purposes, including enforcing our Terms of Service or other legal rights, or as may be required by applicable laws and regulations, or as requested by any judicial process or governmental agency.
3. How We Share Information
We may share the information we collect in various ways, including the following:
B. As Required by Law and Similar Disclosures. We may also share information to:
I. Satisfy any applicable law, regulation, legal process or governmental request;
III. Detect, prevent or otherwise address fraud, security or technical issues;
IV. Respond to your requests; or
V. Protect our rights, property or safety, our users and the public. This includes exchanging information with other companies and organisations for fraud protection and spam/malware prevention.
C. With Your Consent. We may share information with your consent.
4. Legal Basis for Processing Personal Information
Our legal basis for collecting and using the personal information described above will depend on the information concerned and the specific context in which we collect it.
However, we will normally collect personal information from you only where we have your consent to do so.
GA is committed to protecting your information. To do so, we employ a variety of security technologies and measures designed to protect information from unauthorised access, use or disclosure. The measures we use are designed to provide a level of security appropriate to the risk of processing your personal information. However, please bear in mind that the internet is not entirely secure.
6. Data Retention
We retain personal information we collect from you where we have a legitimate, ongoing need to do so (for example, to provide you with a service you have requested).
When we have no ongoing need to process your personal information, we will delete it.
If you are a registered user you may access certain information associated with your account by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org.
To protect your privacy and security we may also take reasonable steps to verify your identity before updating or removing your information. The information you provide to us may be archived or stored periodically by us according to backup processes conducted in the ordinary course of business for disaster recovery purposes.
8. Your Data Protection Rights Under the General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR)
If you are a resident of the EEA, you have the following data protection rights:
· If you wish to access, correct, update or request deletion of your personal information, you can do so at any time: see Contact Us.
In addition, you can object to the processing of your personal information, ask us to restrict the processing of your personal information, or request portability of your personal information: see Contact Us.
· Even if we have collected and processed your personal information with your consent, you can withdraw your consent at any time. Withdrawing your consent will not affect the lawfulness of any processing we conducted prior to your withdrawal, nor will it affect the processing of your personal information conducted in reliance on lawful processing grounds other than consent.
· You have the right to complain to a data protection authority about our collection and use of your personal information. For more information, please contact your local data protection authority: ico.org.uk/global/contact-us
We respond to all requests we receive from individuals wishing to exercise their data protection rights in accordance with applicable data protection laws.
9. Your Choices
You can use some of the features of our website without registering, thereby limiting the type of information that we collect.
The data controller of your personal information is Gamblers Anonymous England, Wales and Ulster.